Revelstoke is famous as the North American resort for serious skiers. Boasting the longest lift-served continuous vertical drop in North America, it holds nothing but adventure for the seasoned skier.
We all know about the excellent variety of slopes, but few know that it’s also a great destination for families with kids of all ages looking for the perfect family ski holiday. If you want your kids to love skiing as much as you do then you can’t go wrong with the pristine slopes of Revelstoke.
Introduce younger kids to the joys of the slopes in the excellent turtle creek beginner area, while the older kids can perfect their boarding skills at the snow school.
Lessons and Courses
The RMR snow school offers a wide range of packages depending on your age and ability. Whether you’re an adult hitting the slopes for the first time or your kids need their first snowboarding lessons this multi-national school has the right instructor for you.
General courses include
- Kid’s lessons – Full day and half day lessons available
- First timer lessons – The Discover packages include a pass to the beginner area and are for beginners of any age
- Teen lessons – Private or group options for kids over 12
Of the many hotels in the area The Sutton Place Hotel wins the family vote hands down. We all know how convenience is the first rule of a family ski holiday and this, the only ski in/ski out hotel in the area, has it in spades.
Some of the hotel features include
- Daycare for the very young
- Smoke free environment (always a plus)
- Pet friendly (even Spot can come for the weekend)
- Fitness center
- Easy access to the Gondola
- Ski/bike/sled storage
- Outdoor heated pool
- A cosy tavern (for some apres ski refreshments)
This condominium based hotel offers a fully loaded guest experience. Huge windows to take in the breathtaking views, large balconies, and an equipped kitchen if you fancy a change from the hotel’s coffee shop and restaurants.
From white knuckle rides to gentle slopes, Revelstoke offers plenty of fun for everyone.
- Cat/Heli skiing –Prepare yourself for the ultimate skiing experience that takes you where the lifts won’t. Go above and beyond your comfort zone by taking one of the many cat/heli packages on offer. These classes organised by RMR snow school teach you how to make your way safely down the mountain and are exclusive of your cat/heli package.
- Turtle Creek Beginner Area & Tube Park – Great for kids and those that just want a little fun. It’s totally family friendly but still provides some fast riding fun for the more adventurous teens.
- Revelstoke Outdoor Center (ROC) – Your one stop shop for Cat Skiing, Heli Skiing, Backcountry Touring, Avalanche Awareness Courses, Skiing lessons, and many other activities.
- Kids ROC – With a huge variety of events such as glow in the dark Frisbee golf and scavenger hunts planned during the day and evening, there will never be a moment of boredom for kids or teenagers on your family trip.
- Dogsledding – Ever dreamed of “mushing” a team of dogs across the snow? Well now you can. Learn what it takes to drive a team or just sit back and enjoy the ride.
- Revelstoke Aquatic Centre – All year round swimming for fun seekers of all ages in downtown Revelstoke.
Revelstoke offers the perfect platform for your kids to build on their love of skiing and snowboarding. Seeing advanced skiers and boarders test their skills on some of the most exhilarating slopes in the world will surely whet their appetite for the snow and have them coming back for more year after year.